Events at DocSmo.com
1. Dr. Smolen is completing his 33rd year of private practice, August 2015.
2. Dr. Smolen’s first book called Can Doesn’t Mean Should is being printed and is now available on Amazon, iBooks, Barnes + Nobles, and major book stores.
3. Dr. Smolen is named to Business NC Magazine’s Best Doctors 2014.
4. Dr. Smolen is named part a Best Doctor by BestDoctor America 2014.
5. Dr. Smolen continues to be a contributor to the Charlotte Observer News Alliance in 2014.
6. Dr. Smolen is named by “Vitals” a Patients’ Choice recipient 2014.
7. The DocSmo.com pediatric blog becomes one of the most successful pediatric blogs on the internet, currently with 50,000 visits/month-April 2015
8. Can Doesn’t Mean Should is referred to in psychologist John Rosemond’s syndicated column, April 2015, as an “Excellent resource” for parents.
9. South Charlotte Weekly did a featured article about Can Doesn’t Mean Should, April 2015.
10. The Duke University library, Doc Smo’s alma mater, acquires a copy of Can Doesn’t Mean Should- April 2015.
11. The Charlotte Observer printed a feature article about Dr. Smolen and his Blog and Book- June 2015
12. Dr. Smolen spoke to parents at “Child and Family Development” June 25th, 6:15-7:15, in Charlotte, NC
13. Dr. Smolen will be appearing on WBTV’s live morning talk show on June 25th at 8am EST.
14. Dr. Smolen appeared on Charlotte Today, a live talk show CNBC at 11:00 on July 8th, 2015
15 Dr. Smolen will be appearing again on Charlotte Today, a live talk show CNC at 11:00am on August 5th, 2015
16 Dr. Smolen will be appearing at a book signing and lecture at Talbots, Southpark in Charlotte, October 1st, 2015 5-7pm.
17 Dr. Smolen will be speaking and signing his book at Park Road Books on October 17th, 2015 11:00am-1:00pm.
18 Dr. Smolen will be speaking and signing his book at Toys and Company, Cotswold Shopping Center, Charlotte, NC, November 7th, 2015, 10:00am-1:00pm.
19 Dr. Smolen held a book signing at Barnes and Nobles Book Store on Morrison Ave in Charlotte, December 5th 2015.
20. Dr. Smolen’s book and blog were featured in an article in the Rutgers-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School alumni magazine, fall 2015.
21. Dr. Smolen became a featured teacher on the popular website, Curious.com. His new course entitled “Bringing Baby Home” gives new parents valuable information about caring for their newborns.
22. Dr. Smolen becomes a contributor to Healthy Moms Magazine– http://healthymomsmagazine.net/
23. Dr. Smolen leads a discussion with parents and staff of Carolinas Pediatric Rehabilitation Facility about today’s parenting challenges-July 14th, 2016
24. Portable Practical Pediatrics is named #9 best pediatric blog Feedspots top 100 pediatric blogs!-August 2017
25. After 36 years of continuous pediatric practice, Dr. Smolen has semi-retired from the practice of general practice and now is enjoying other pursuits. Currently he is writing his second book about parenting and children.
26. Dr. Smolen’s first book, “Can Doesn’t mean Should” can now found in the following libraries around the world:
Saint Tammany Parish Library-Covington, LA, U.S.
Johnston Public Library-Johnston, IA, U.S.
Yolo County Library, Woodland, Ca, U.S.
Bibliotheek Wageningen, Wageningen, HD Netherlands
Taipei American School, Taipei City, Taiwan
Auckland Libraries, Auckland, Australia
Duke University Library, Durham, NC, U.S.