The “Let’s Talk Kids” podcast is fortunate to have as our returning guest, Dr. Shelia Kilbane who is an expert in integrative medicine. She focuses her expertise in this Pedcast on teaching us about the role of microbial life in maintaining your children’s good health. You don’t want to miss her perspective on the topic of probiotics. As always, Dr Kilbane is informative, practical, and up to date. Join us won’t you.
1. Weizman Z, et al. Pediatrics (2005)115:5-9.
2. Isolauri E, Arvola T, Sutas Y, et al. Probiotics in the management of atopic eczema. Clin Exp Allergy (2000);30:1604-10.
3. Isolauri E, Juntunen M, Rautanen T, Sillanaukee P,Koivula T. A human Lactobacillus strain (Lactobacillus casei sp strain GG) promotes recovery from acute diarrhea in children. (1991) Pediatrics 88:90-7.
4. Kalliomaki M, Salminen S, Arvilommi H, et al. Probiotics in primary prevention of atopic disease: A randomized placebo-controlled trial. Lancet (2001)357:1076-9
5. Vanderhoof J, Young R. Probiotics in Pediatrics. Pediatrics (2002)109;5:956-8.
6. Szajewska H, Mrukowicz J. Probiotics in the Treatment and Prevention of Acute Infectious Diarrhea in Infants and Children: A Systematic Review of Published Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trials. J of Ped Gastroenerology and Nutrition (2001)33:S17-S25.
*By listening to this pedcast, you are agreeing to Doc Smo’s terms and conditions.
© All Right’s Reserved.